Pizzas are loved by people of all ages. While there might be differences in the pizza toppings, but the love for a bite is the same. However, the recent pandemic has taught us a lot about cooking. And it is no wonder why people are filling up their kitchen space with different appliances. And one such appliance among them is a countertop pizza oven.
A good pizza oven helps to bake mouthwatering slices at home. These ovens are specially designed to bake pizza. And if you get a good grab on the appliance, you might successfully bake Nepotalian-style pizza within the comfort of your home. A Napotalian slice has a crispy crust while the top is filled with cheese and some basil leaves. But the question arises, why buy a pizza oven when you can use a conventional oven? The answer to your question lies in the section below.
Difference between a pizza oven and a regular oven:
The key to making a great pizza lies in its ingredients and temperature. While you’ve followed all the process precisely, like, kneading the dough, let it rest for a few hours, but still, you’re not able to get the desired results, then the problem might be your conventional oven. And if you can’t sacrifice your love for pizza then it’s time to consider buying a good home pizza oven.
- A pizza oven reaches high temperatures quickly than conventional units. Such ovens are reach soaring temperatures of up to 900F in just a few seconds. And temperature plays an important role in defining the overall texture of pizza and the doneness of dough.
- High temperatures result in a crispy base that we all crave. While the crust is crispy, the inside is moist and soft.
- Hot inside helps to raise the dough better. It often leaves leopard-like spots on the edge crust that makes the slice more appetizing.
- Melting of cheese precisely is a must while baking pizza at home. And high temperatures of these units melt a variety of cheese, such as mozzarella, cheddar, goat cheese, etc, perfectly. You’ll not feel like eating a lump of raw cheese.
Best Countertop Pizza Oven
Earlier, only commercial shops or pizzeria used to own such appliances. But now, a small indoor pizza oven can reach temperatures high enough for baking a perfectly crispy crust. And the best part about the countertop pizza oven is its portability. You can use it inside your home, apartment balcony, or in your backyard. Go through the pizza oven reviews below to find out which product suits your requirement the best.
1) Best Overall – Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo
If your budget is negligible for the love of homemade pizza then this Breville pizza oven will be the best buy ever.
Wood-fired pizza does have a bbq taste but it also overshadows the flavor of deliciously melted cheese. With Breville Pizzaiolo you will be able to get that restaurant pizza taste that you have been craving for in any homemade pizza.
2) Wisco 421 Pizza Oven, LED Display
Make perfect pizza at home every time with Wisco 421 pizza oven. Unlike your typical oven, the Wiso 421 operates with a single push of a button. In short, you’ll not have to set various cycles before beginning the baking process. Simply place the pizza over the cooking tray, close the lid, and push the on button. Doing this will automatically set the unit for 10 minutes at 450ºF.
But not all doughs rise/bake properly at the same temperature. So Wiso 421 indoor pizza oven features a rotary dial that allows you to set different temperatures easily. Speaking of temperature, Wisco 421 offers a wide temperature range from 150ºF to 500ºF. And such an adjustable thermostat is excellent for baking crispy chicken wings, garlic bread, pretzel, etc.
In addition to an adjustable thermostat, the Wiso countertop pizza oven is also equipped with a digital display timer. This 30-minute digital timer is good for reheating frozen pizza, bread, or wings. It provides you the flexibility to try different recipes. Besides, no need to worry about drippings as the stainless steel pan on the bottom catches all the fluid and debris. This tray is completely removable, therefore, eases cleaning.
- Wide temperature range works well for onion rings, popcorn shrimp, chicken wings, and a lot more
- The cavity heats enough to cook the dough and melt cheese perfectly
- Features an auto-shutoff that prevents the food inside from burning
- Flip-up handle eases storage in tight spaces
- High-quality Calrod heating elements
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Best indoor countertop pizza oven for thin crust frozen pizzas
- The top part gets very hot so avoid placing anything there
- Cannot accommodate pizza larger than 12 inches
- LED display
- 18-inch wide
- Adjustable thermostat
- Stainless steel construction
- 1-year limited warranty
- Weighs 19 pounds
3) Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
It’s time to say hello to new generation pizza baking with Presto 03430 Pizzazz. This rotating pizza oven created a storm in the market as soon as the product launched. There are no closed chambers or lid. Instead, the countertop oven features a large rotating disc with heating both above and below. You need to place the pizza on this disc and set a few functions. Then, the machine rotates the disc slowly to cook the dough evenly from all sides.
Yes, we understand you have a skeptical feeling about improper baking as there is no chamber or inner cavity. And the same concern was of many buyers before they actually bought one. Surprisingly, the machine surpassed their fears. Thanks to the high-quality top and bottom heating elements that bake food from both sides. Thus, leaving no part uncooked or underdone.
The compact design of the Presto pizza rotating oven is perfect for the kitchen countertop. Simply plug in the appliance, lay food over the tray, and set the functions. The electric pizza oven will do the rest of the cooking while you sit back or finish the rest of the chores. Presto 03430 provides maximum control to the user by letting you turn on upper and lower heating elements separately. Or you can turn both the heating elements on while baking frozen pizza and other goodies.
- Heating elements on both top and bottom, plus, rotating tray ensures even baking
- No preheating required
- Saves 60% energy as compared to a conventional oven
- Removable nonstick baking pan is easy to clean and store
- Individual heating control for top, bottom, or both
- Timer signals end of a cycle as well as automatically turn off the heating element
- Cooking-time guide for various pizza types is printed on pizza maker
- Best electric pizza oven with rotating disc
- Open heating elements make the appliance dangerous to use around kids or pets
- It will take you some time to properly adjust the tray
- Timer signals
- Automatic shut off
- 14.5-inch wide
- 1-year limited warranty
- Weighs 7.5 pounds
4) Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven, Large, Stainless Steel
Many chefs feel uncomfortable cooking pizza directly on the steel grids. And if you wish to have the authentic Nepotilian-style slice at home then try using a pizza stone. But you might not have to look for one separately as Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS tabletop gas pizza oven already comes with one stone. This stone fits perfectly inside the cavity and let you make crispy crust at home.
The overall design of the unit resembles a large wood-fired pizza oven. One can confidently say that the product is both functional and elegant. And instead of brick, this compact oven is made of stainless steel. The heavy-duty stainless steel construction helps to transfer heat to the stone and food better. As a result, the food inside remains soft while the exterior is crunchy/crispy.
Setting up the small pizza oven is a breeze as it operates on gas rather than electricity. Just hook the unit with the mini propane tank and your gas oven is all set for the first use. While it is designed to connect to the little green camping/torch cylinder, you can adapt it to the standard bbq 5-gallon propane tank using the right pipes and adapter.
- Both the front door and floor pan are removable
- Easy start ignition
- Reaches temperature up to 650ºF high in 5 minutes
- Apart from baking, the hot inner cavity is perfect for roasting whole chicken and large cuts of meat
- Pull out fat tray to dispose of liquids or grease safely
- Aesthetically rich, plus, high functional
- Best outdoor pizza oven for camping/picnics
- Included stone is too thin
- The chamber only allows on fresh pizza at a time that too measuring 12-inches or less
- 12000 BTU
- Stainless steel construction
- 15-inch wide
- U-shaped stainless steel burner
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Weighs 27 pounds
5) Presto Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven Pizza Cooker, (USA Warehouse)
Presto rotating oven was a great hit. So the company launched an upgraded version of the unit and named it ‘Presto Pizzazz Plus’. Both Pizzazz and Pizzazz plus have similar looks as well as operate pretty much the same. However, the difference between both models is the rotating disc. While the basic version has a silvered colored rotating disc, the ‘Pizzazz Plus’ features a black one.
In addition to the elegant black color, the disc of Presto Pizzazz Plus is well balanced. Do not expect it to be firm as the disc will wobble initially. However, you’ll not need to adjust it once the food is on the tray. Then you just need to set functions for proper cooking/baking of your favorite goodies.
The better control panel of Presto Pizzazz Plus is easy for a beginner to understand. Also, it offers a wide temperature range than the basic version which bakes crusty base while the cheese melts perfectly for yum in every bite. Also, you can individually control the upper or lower heating element depending on the type of food.
- Nonstick pan is entirely removable for easy cleaning
- Warmup starts instantly after plugging the machine
- Perfect for frozen pizza, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, and grilled cheese
- Separately controlled top and bottom heating elements make the crispy base and bubbly topping, like our favorite pizzeria
- Lightweight unit; easy to store after use
- Best rotating pizza oven for home use under $100
- The pan needs some balancing when baking chicken nuggets, jalapeno poppers, and similar small frozen chunks
- A bit expensive than the basic version
- Black turning tray
- Nonstick disc
- Heating element control
- 1-year limited warranty
- Weighs 7.68 pounds
6) BakerStone O-AJLXX-O-000 Portable Gas Pizza Oven, Black
Up your baking game with BakerStone portable gas pizza oven. This outdoor oven is perfect for backyard baking and roasting sessions. The stone cavity bakes crust to perfection no matter whether you’re baking for the first time or using it every weekend. Thanks to the stone cavity that heats up rapidly and holds high temperatures that result in artisan quality pizzas in under 2 minutes.
Apart from baking, the soaring temperature is ideal for searing and roasting steakhouse-quality meats. Your guests and friends will be definitely amused by the taste and texture of the food that comes out from the cavity. Be ready to receive compliments. Besides, the stone interior makes it possible to use a cast iron pan. You can insert a mini cast iron pan to roast salmon, veggies, and other meat.
Bakerstone outdoor gas pizza oven features 2 burners. Turn the two burners to maximum settings and the inside temperature can reach up to 800ºF. Thus, with such a high temperature, you can expect your homemade pizza to bake in just under 2 minutes. So no more long waiting to get the delicious bite.
- Comes with an oven box and firebox with the regulator
- You can remove the pizza oven box and place it over your outdoor bbq grill in case gas runs out from the mini propane tank
- Folding legs eases storage
- A portable gas pizza box can be converted into a grill or griddle
- Can be connected with 20 lb gas cylinder
- Reaches soaring high temperatures in 2-3 minutes that is ideal for baking and searing meat
- Best rated outdoor propane pizza oven for authentic wood-fire style slices
- The exterior gets very hot so avoid placing any soft materials like plastic bottles or jars on it
- 25000 BTU burner system
- Removable oven
- Electric ignition start
- Stone interior
- Weighs 55.9 pounds
7) Tomlinson Fusion Deluxe 16″ Pizza and Snack Oven
A family that loves pizza needs a large snack oven like Tomlinson Fusion. The large cavity of the unit allows you to bake 16 inches pizzas right on your kitchen countertop. So instead of baking food in batches you can prepare delicious large slices in one go and enjoy dinnertime together. Sturdy metal wires hold the soft fresh base precisely while the high temperature bakes it to crispy perfection.
The low profile design of the countertop pizza is suitable for home use. From frozen to “take and bake”, this commercial-grade pizza oven supports a variety of styles. And the best part is, the wire rack comes off completely so you can remove the hot sizzling food safely. It also eases cleaning as you do not have to put your hand inside the hot cavity.
Just below the cooking wire rack is a removable crumb tray. And just like the rack, this metal drip tray also comes off completely to dispose of any drippings, grease, or debris. Both the removable trays are handwash safe and easy to wash in the sink.
- Brushed stainless steel exterior is easy to maintain
- A removable metal rack is ideal to warm frozen waffles, chicken fingers, single-serve entrees, and much more
- Adjustable thermostat that goes up to 500 degrees F
- A 30-minute timer for precise baking and warm up every time
- Ergonomically designed flip-up handle
- US safety listed, plus, sanitation listed
- Best large pizza oven to make family-size slices
- Not attractive look-wise
- Both removable trays are not dishwasher safe
- 1700 watt
- 24-inch wide
- Wire rack
- Crumb tray
- Stainless steel construction
- Weighs 38.9 pounds
8) Oster Convection Oven with Dedicated Pizza Drawer, Stainless Steel
While our love for pizza is immeasurable, there are times when we crave something else. And this Oster convection oven with a dedicated pizza drawer is perfect if you want more than just baking. The countertop convection oven features turbo baking technology that cooks faster and browns evenly. Be it chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, jalapeno popper, or any other favorite snack, the powerful heating elements of Oster will provide excellent results every time.
Oster features a specially designed pizza drawer that is ideal for cooking a variety of foods. The stainless steel drawer is spacious enough to fit standard 12-inch pizza. Other than that, you can bake cheese garlic bread, bruschetta, chicken nuggets, tarter tots, etc. The high heat on the bottom will give a crispy texture to the food while leaving the inside soft to chew. Thus, similar to your favorite takeout.
There are a total of 3 dials. One for temperature, another is for function, and the last one is to set time. Speaking of temperature, the kitchen convection oven can go up to 450 degrees F. Besides, the major functions are broil, warm, toast, turbo, and pizza. And then there’s a timer dial that dings a bell on the completion of a cycle and turns off the function.
- East to clean, thanks to removable top and bottom crumb tray
- Cool-touch handles for safe handling
- Timer with auto shut-off and bell signal
- The top oven features turbo convection baking that is ideal to bake, broil, and toast food
- Special drawer fits multiple garlic bread, bruschetta, pops, and much more
- Two rack position
- The thermostat goes a maximum of 450ºF
- Adjustable broil control to broil various meat and veggies perfectly
- Best countertop convection oven with special pizza drawer
- Some buyers find it hard to read small settings
- The drawer and upper oven cannot be used simultaneously
- 5 functions
- 60-minute timer
- Special pizza drawer
- 26-inch cord length
- 1-year warranty
- Weighs 21 pounds
9) Gemelli Twin Oven, Professional Grade Convection Oven for Convenience/Pizza
Upgrade your kitchen collection with Gemelli professional-grade convection oven. Just like the above product, this unit is also great for home use. This is because you can do more than just baking. The twin oven can bake, convection bake, slow cook, convection roast, broil, rotisserie, defrost and keep warm. Also, the unit comes with a 3-piece rotisserie spit rod with a commercial-grade rotisserie fork set.
A large viewing window in combination with interior light helps to keep track of the cooking process. This bright yellow light automatically comes on and stays on during the cooking process. In addition to yellow interior light, Gemelli stainless steel countertop pizza oven features blue led light surrounding the knob. And this combination, as a whole, is perfect for your modular kitchen.
Right beneath the large cavity is a built-in convenience drawer that is specially designed to bake a 12-inch pizza. From fresh dough to frozen pizza, the chamber is ideal to bake the crispy crust and bubble cheese. The galvanized pull-out crumb tray with a small mesh wire design comes off completely to serve the hot food right into the plate. And no need to worry about the tray quality of interior material as the unit is PFOA/PTFE free.
- 3-rack position to fit different food conveniently
- 8-in-1 cooking functions
- Easy to clean, scratch-resistant, nonstick coated inside
- Comes with 3-pcs rotisserie kit, rack removal tool, enamel bake-pan, drip pan, and chrome grill rack
- High-quality galvanized slide-out and pull-out crumb tray
- Brushed stainless steel exterior with blue led light surrounding knobs
- Best electric professional-grade convection oven with a built-in rotisserie
- A bit expensive
- Tall footprint; might not fit under lower kitchen cabinets
- 8 cooking functions
- Built-in rotisserie
- Built-in pizza drawer
- Chrome grill rack
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Weighs 35.6 pounds
10) Courant Pizza Maker, 12 Inch Pizza Cooker and Calzone Maker
Compact, convenient, and affordable, Courant 12-inch electric pizza maker is perfect for small apartments and dorms. This countertop pizza machine merely weighs 15 pounds, which means, you can even take it in your RV or boat if you want a warm fresh slice outdoors. The black nonstick coating prevents the sticking of dough as well as cleans easily.
Besides, you can open the lid to 180 degrees then use the flat round space to cook other food. You can make pancakes, nachos, mini frittatas, quiche, and even use it as a quesadilla maker. Despite the small size, the unit offers a wide temperature control from 355ºF to 410ºF. Therefore, you can achieve the desired crispiness by turning the knob to the right degrees.
Speaking of the knob, the small round pizza oven comprises 2 knobs. One is to set the temperature while the other one is to set the time. And in between the two knobs, is a power-on and ready cook indicator that aids with baking/cooking. While the nonstick inside gets searing hot, the handle outside remains cool-to-touch to open the lid safely.
- Signals when baking is complete
- Open flat 180 degrees for quesadillas, nachos, mini frittatas, quiche, giant cookies, pancakes, grilled sandwich, etc
- Nonstick coating on cooking plates eases cleaning
- Cool-touch handle
- Stands upright for easy storage
- You get 2 color choices, Black and Red
- Best portable pizza oven machine under $100
- Tiny numbers around the knob
- Short cord
- 1440 watts
- 2 knobs
- Nonstick interior
- 30-minute timer
- Indicator lights
- Weighs 14.62 pounds
What can you cook in a countertop pizza oven?
Do not go by its name as a countertop pizza oven is more versatile than you think. In addition to baking fresh or frozen pizzas, you can cook/bake a variety of other foods. And thanks to the high temperature of such units that gives a crispy exterior. And who doesn’t love to munch on snacks having a crispy texture? Below is a list of few things that you can cook in your electric/gas pizza oven.
- Chicken wings
- Mozzarella sticks
- Jalapeno poppers
- Shrimp nuggets
- Jacket potatoes
- Garlic bread
- Texas toast, etc
Instead of waiting in line and driving a long distance to your favorite pizzeria, bake your own one with the best pizza oven. Compact and functional, these units are available in both gas and electric ones. And therefore, you have the flexibility to choose the right one according to your kitchen space.
While electric pizza ovens are best for home use with a power socket nearby, gas pizza ovens are ideal for apartment balconies, picnics, backyard, and tailgate use. And the list above includes both types of pizza ovens. So it’s time for you to decide which one to pick. Do let us know which model grabbed your eye or if any good model is missing that we should include in the list in the comment section below.